- Official High School transcripts or GED diploma with scores showing successful program completion.
- Passing grades in high school or college Algebra, Biology and Chemistry is required.
- Applicants with foreign transcripts must provide Cochran with an unofficial copy of their original foreign transcript and have the transcript evaluated by World Education Services or Globe Language Services and sent to Cochran as their official transcript.
- Microbiology, Anatomy & Physiology I & II (with a lab) transferable to Cochran School of Nursing with a minimum C+ grade or better. Each course must be 4 credits.
- All science courses must have been completed within 10 years of admission.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 required for all transferable courses.
- It is the responsibility of the person seeking a transfer credit to provide transcripts of courses taken as well as a course syllabus and laboratory experiences.
- An official transcript from a college or university must show an equivalent amount of credits of to be accepted for transfer credit.
GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES
- General education credits have no time limit for transfer. A minimum grade of C+ is required.
- Because of the wide diversity in the organization of nursing content in various programs, nursing courses are not transferable.
- LPN candidates have the option of testing out of Math Dosage & Calculation for Nursing (NUR 100) and must achieve a grade of 90% or higher.
CREDIT BY EXAMINATION MAY BE ACCEPTED FOR THE FOLLOWING
- Through College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams in Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Sociology and English Composition with an Essay.
- Applicants seeking transfer credit by examination must arrange to have official transcripts sent to Cochran School of Nursing.
Final approval for all transfer credit and credit by examination will be at the discretion of the Cochran School of Nursing.