Special Facts About Cochran School of Nursing
The Cochran School of Nursing is the oldest nursing school in Westchester County. (More than 2000 nurses have graduated from the Cochran School of Nursing).
- We pride ourselves in providing each student with individualized attention from expert faculty as the students learn and practice the many roles of a professional nurse in the classroom and clinical setting.
- Our students gain clinical experience at the best hospitals in Westchester County including St. John's Riverside Hospital (Andrus Pavilion, Park Care Pavilion, Dobbs Ferry Pavilion), Westchester Medical Center, and St. Vincent's Hospital in Westchester.
- We provide a day program and evening program.
- We have an active, integrated program with Mercy College, which offers students all the required, pre and co-requisite courses, tutorial support services, and an easy transition bridge program to facilitate achieving a Baccalaureate and other higher degrees in graduate nursing education.
- We offer extensive financial aid through scholarships and grants. More than 90% of our students are awarded financial aid.
- In our clinical labs, students learn physiological and disease mechanisms on a Human Patient Simulator. Additional educational resources include computer labs, an expansive library, and Kaplan Nursing individualized nursing curriculum tutorial resources. The availability of all these resources are key to our students' academic success.