It is the responsibility of the person seeking a transfer to provide transcripts of all courses taken as well as detailed information on course content, laboratories and clinical experiences in addition to acceptable references.
- An official transcript from a college or university must show a minimum grade of C+ in all science courses (only one repeat of the three combined science courses to achieve a grade of C+ will be allowed)
- A minimum grade of C+ in all other general education course work.
- Transfer credit for science courses in Anatomy and Physiology I & II, Microbiology and Nutrition taken earlier than five (5) years prior to acceptance, will not be accepted for admission.
- Anatomy and Physiology I & II, and Microbiology must be 4 credits and include a lab component.
Transfer credit for A&P and Micro will not be given if the applicant cannot provide documentation that the course contained a lab component.GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES
- General education credits have no time limit.
- Because of the wide diversity in the organization of nursing content in various programs, nursing courses are not transferable.
- Graduates from an approved School of Practical Nursing who are licensed to practice in New York State and who meet the regular admission criteria will be exempt from Nursing 101 (Foundations of Nursing Practice) pending successful demonstration of competence of the math dosage and calculation exam.
CREDIT BY EXAMINATION MAY BE ACCEPTED FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams in Psychology, Development Psychology, Sociology and Composition with an Essay.
- Persons who have taken CLEP examinations must arrange to have official transcripts of their scores sent to Cochran School of Nursing.
Final approval for all transfer credit and credit by examination will be at the discretion of the Cochran School of Nursing.