1. An acknowledgement that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
Cochran School of Nursing signed and submitted the Certification and Agreement to the U.S. Department of Education on July 30,2020 for the HEERF Funds for Emergency Financial Aid Grants. Cochran received the grant award notification on August 1, 2020. In keeping with the terms of the certification, Cochran will give 100% of the funds received from the CARES Act, Section 18004 (a)(1) to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants directly to students.
2. The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.Cochran School of Nursing has been awarded $43,336 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, of which $43,336 will be provided directly to students impacted by campus disruption due to COVID-19
3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the 30-day Report and every 45 days thereafter).
As of 12/31/2020, total of $68,000 has been disbursed to students. $24,664 of the $68,000 came from Section 18004 (a)(3) of CARES Act FIPSE Grant.
4. The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
As of March 13,2020, Cochran had 85 enrolled students. Out of those 85 students, 77 met the eligibility requirement. The remaining 8 could potentially meet the requirement after filling out their FAFSA. Communication via email has been send out to these 8 potential students.
5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
As of 12/31/2020, all eligible students have been offered an emergency Financial Aid Grant under 18004 (a)(1) of the CARES Act. A total of 68 students received funding.
6. The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
Cochran School of Nursing is using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) determine eligibility and need of the student. Student have till October 31, 2020 to apply for this grant.
7. Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
An email was sent to all students that were meeting academic progress as of March of 2020. This email explained the eligibility requirements and information regarding deadlines. Reminder emails will also be send to students that meet eligibility requirements. Funds will be distributed on a first come first served basis until funds are expended. Students are to pick up their checks at the school and sign a certification agreement.